How To Travel On A Budget
There's a common conception that travel is EXPENSIVE or it has to be LUXURIOUS for you to enjoy your trip. But this is NOT true! A budget is defined as "An estimate of income and expenditure for a set period." if we link this with travel, it means to carefully plan your finances to last for a long period while utilizing minimalistic spending.
Budget Travel originated in the 1960s by hippies who decided to see the world, they wanted to maximize the experience and minimize the cost. Back in the day, tourism was much lower than it is today. The costs were lower but the principles still apply to the 21st century.
1. Have a purpose - Think of the 5W's; who, what, where, when, why and how. You need to have an aim as to why you're travelling and this will help you limit your spending capacity.
2. Reducing spending on your trip - This is about the practice and incorporating minimalism. If you're going to travel on a budget you need to buy affordable items on your trip instead of blowing your cash on unnecessary items. Minimalism also applies to clothes, the fewer your clothes, the less you pay for luggage.
3. Book your flights in advance - I'd advice 3-6 months in advance. This applies to public means of transport - bus, trains and cruise ships tickets. If you get access to any means of transport in advance, book the ticket!
4. Research is your bestie - Google is free, join groups on Instagram and Facebook about the destination you're going to but don't believe everything the internet says. There's a lot of fake news out there so make sure you get trusted sources of information.
5. Book accommodation early - I'd advise you to go couch surfing, rent out Airbnb, backpacker lodges or stay with a friend. If you don't have a friend, use the other options, they're cheaper. 8. Attractions = Prices are fixed.
6. Use public transportation or taxi apps - It's always cheaper than using local taxis because they're more expensive.
7. Food - The best option is to cook for yourself or eat street food, this is the cheapest option.
8. Attractions - The prices are fixed, this is the one thing I can't change. Don't go to all of them, decide on the ones you wanna go to. SAY NO to the ones you can't go to.
Click Here To See More